From the Law Office of Nicholas A Black

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Closure For Some

per the Knoxville News Sentinel: Ex-youth leader gets 20 years in sex case

per the Maryville-Alcoa Daily Times:
Former church leader sentenced to 20 years for statutory rape of five girls

It's not surprising that the KNS had the more accurate headline. The only reporter at the Daily Times that has never mis-quoted me is John Brice, their former sports editor. The DT misquoted me in their story, and couldn't attribute a quote even when the lady got my name.

Getting my picture in these papers would have been good for business, but the focus was on my defendant. I tried to shield him from the photographers - my 6'5" frame towered over him & I was able to position myself between him and where they were sitting - but alas, I couldn't protect him the entire time. I guess that was fitting, given the circumstances under which we were in court.

No comments:

Post a Comment